Monday, April 5, 2010

You're the only one I've dreamed...



I think I FINALLY have an idea for my comic...I've been struggling with this for the last couple of weeks and could literally think of NOTHING I wanted to do. Then Michael uploaded a drawing he did of a butterfly and it reminded me of that book,"The Collector" for some reason...well...besides the obvious reason. That in turn reminded me of one of the most amazing pieces of work I've ever encountered, which is a song my best friend Chris wrote, called "Butterfly"(strangely enough!), also inspired by "The Collector". The book is about a lonely young man who collects butterfly's and is obsessed with a young girl called Miranda...he eventually kidnaps her and keeps her like a butterfly in the hope that she'll grow to love him (and NO, despite what the Baroness said in the Sound Of Music about there being nothing More attractive to a person than somebody who's in love with him...no,it's NOT true!D:)

It's so haunting and sad and creepy...I don't know why, but I really am so attracted to the lonely and the weird! Anyway, here are Chris' fantastic lyrics:

I want you
More than you'd ever believe I do
But I'm not sure
Quite of the pretty words you adore
I daren't stare
Nor ever touch arms so brown and bare
But nets composed
Of calming chemicals
Keep eyes closed.

Take you away to the country
Safe in a jar I shall keep
You may not smile
But remain a while
Of all on my wall,
You're the only one I've dreamed

Please stay still
You seem so plain
When you're straight and shrill.
My will is good
I never will so you swore you would
I'm only cruel
To lying eyes I can see right through
No, not so strange
Your ray of light in our little cage

Don't ever say you'll be hungry
For all the food you can't eat
I know you'll say that you love me
And that you'll never fly free.

Don't ever call me a liar
You'll never know what that means
Now that you smile, won't you stay a while?
Of all on my wall, you're the only one I've dreamed.

Sleep
Sleep
I won't clip your precious wings...

No comments:

Post a Comment