Wednesday, September 15, 2010

He thought it happier to be dead, To die for Beauty, than live for bread.




I know I'm a bit of a creep, but my cat killed a rat and it was absolutely fascinating looking. She had laid him out at the door like he was precious and when I strolled out for a cigarette...well I got quite the surprise. I find his feet and claws the most interesting-look at the length of his nails! And the colours are incredible. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a rat crusader...if he had been alive, I'd have dropped dead. But there's something about his claws that are distinctly human and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him (I'm just assuming it's a boy too!).

4 comments:

  1. Hey Joan of Rats!!!! He does have a very cute face!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that rat have a gold tooth??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan of Rats, oh God, I love it Helen!

    Seanna, he DID indeed have a gold tooth...not anymore. I took it out, melted it down and am now wearing it as a ring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, ok, I'm a TOTAL creep!
    Oh my GOD, it is like that video!
    ...MOUSE-art! See what I did there? Mozart...Mouseart...

    ReplyDelete