Sunday, May 9, 2010

On the long list of things I fail at...


...digital art is probably quite high up there on the list. I notice my friends are uploading their photoshop digital Pride and Prejudice and Zombie illustrations and they look amazing...but my poor Chernobyl-esque effort can fuck off...if I had my way it would never see the light of day again.

All my work is going really badly at the minute actually...I was really looking forward to this final project but I hate how it's turning out...it's all looking really twee and the watercolour is looking awful on the wood and brown paper...and to make matters worse, some of the illustrations of little boys with masks are looking QUITE homoerotic...:/

Here's a rough of a little hare person portrait...there's too much white and I really don't like how the colours are sitting together....boohoohoo.

On a brighter note though, my lovely friend Rob assured me that the moon could not possibly shatter...so even if the world does end, we should still hopefully have light during the night time!

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE the bunny! Your watercolours whether they're on wood or paper always look brilliant. And wasn't it your watercolours that got you your exhibition? Hmmm? Yes they did. Cos they're awesome.

    You should see the state of my Poe painting. I tried using watercolour and pen on normal paper and the result is not pretty. I'll upload it, trust me you'll feel better about your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thank you much Karo...but it was actually because I put out that I got the Signal Arts gig...but shhhhhhhhhh!

    I refuse to even listen to that bullshit of yours, crazy woman! I bet it will be beautifuuuul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that can be artistic too i suppose.... :)

    there seems to be a lot of negativity going on with regards to work here, i thought it was just you Sarah. i'm sure BOTH of your stuff is great :)

    ReplyDelete