Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Born To Lose




One of our briefs for Comic and Sequential art last year was to create a comic. Not a Graphic Novel or anything, just a little comic. It had to be black and white,we couldn't use any words and had to work A3. So obviously, a JOY to work on. We also had to write the story ourselves. I actually quite enjoyed working on this and would have enjoyed it even more had I not only gotten one actual page completed. It also didn't help that I lost my mind somewhere along the way and thought I'd use stipple....millions of tiny little dots...for shading. You'll notice how one character magically changes colour and becomes a black man when the shading goes that little bit too far...



Anyway, my story was called "Born To Lose" and to sum it up it's about a deadbeat loser called Davis who works with his father and brother in the family car sales business...they constantly humiliate and put him down and when the brother is found dead, Davis is thought to be the killer...he's not, but rather than deny it, he goes along with it because for the first time ever his father fears him and he associates that fear with respect...blahblahblah




Anyway, what can I say...I do love lifes losers.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah! It's was great to actually hear what your comic was about, all i ever saw was a couple of pages you never said there was an excellent story behind it..! You should try and finish it, if only so you'll have more stuff to put up on your blog.
    I was walking past Miss Fantasia's today, feeling frisky so i popped in for an impulse piercing, i was gona get something fancy but chickened out and just got another in my ear... I think i've got the piercing bug again though!
    Awesome stuff on your blog! Love the Paris sketches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike!:D
    Why thank you so much!
    I do plan to finish the comic but probally not till the Summer as it takes me so long to do that bloody stipple. I do have some more pages though...I might throw them up to bulk up my page a bit more!

    What part of your ear did you get done?? Yeah, I don't know if you know this Michael, but there are some AWFUL weirdos out there...why the things they get pierced..you'd be shocked! ;)
    Get your septum pierced! It heals really fast and then you'll look as cool as me!:p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, will do Marianne!
    Thank you so much and I will inlcude that line ESPECIALLY for you!

    ReplyDelete