Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Come sit on my wall




I was forgetting the point of this blog was to try and promote my work in the hope that somebody might be interested in it and give me money and I could buy things...now my work won't be in order and it's a bit random as I only have certain things scanned in...but whatever...just send the money in with a postcard...




This painting was for a college brief to illustrate a Rodari (Italys anwser to Hans Christian Anderson or so I'm told) story...I chose "Old Aunt Ada", the story of a lonely old lady who's family don't visit her ...her only friends are birds and when she dies the birds keep on coming around...cheery. I suppsoe the moral is this: Always visit your old relatives (especially the vunerable ones)...don't let the birds get what you're entitled to.




I had originally planned to paint an old woman surrounded by birds but I thought that idea was a bit too obvious so I ended up spray painting over an old net curtain and painting a tubby little bird on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment