Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cats can be callous and cats can be cruel...







I was thinking about these promotional items we have to make and inspired by that surprisingly enjoyable workshop on pop up books, I was considering some type of paper pop up cage or...something, I don't know what, when I suddenly remembered how I find it really disturbing when people keep birds for pets. It's not so much I have a problem with it, I just don't understand it...like, with dogs you can talk to them and train them to like the same things you do and cats are cool because they're such deep thinkers...but what can you do with a bird besides admire it in its cage? Watch it NOT fly? Then I went off into a dream world and ended up making a little cage and adding a bird with a string so that when you pull the string the bird can escape...this served me no purpose whatsoever, and was a complete waste of time, it only came to exist as I was wondering how it would work...and I really was not going to put photos of it up as it's so shit until I saw Belle attempting to eat the paper bird and I'm wondering are cages maybe such a good thing after all?!
The bird is made of paper and yet Belle still struggled with it...

2 comments:

  1. :O
    Eureka
    You found the reason for a cage.
    Did you never see Tweety and Sylvester?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of my little princess Belle :D
    Isn't she stunning? And the art is nice too...

    ReplyDelete