Sunday, March 14, 2010

I wish my brother was as cool as Derek...

I never wished I could swap Jack more than when I saw the most magnificent, entertaining act on the Late Late Show this Friday...Crystal Swing. Comprising of mother Mary, daughter Dervla and son Derek and taking inspiration from the showband era they gave possibly the most entertaining performance I have ever seen. IN.MY. LIFE. The song is also totally inappropriate to be sung between a sister and brother.
Then, just when I thought it couldn't get any better...Derek performed the Brendan Boyer classic...The Hucklebuck. What makes it just so special is the fact that he isn't even playing it for laughs...he's deadly serious. Glorious.
BRING BACK THE SHOWBANDS!



7 comments:

  1. I got about a minute into it before I succumbed to epic second-hand embarrassment and had to turn it off. So, so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did he get the suit I wonder?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, yeah i saw this today, it was amazing! That dude really knows how to bust a move.. I assume they're going to be our eurovision entry now..? We'd definitely either win, or get no points - either way it'd be a laugh

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'He drinks tequila, she talks dirty in spanish'.

    Ah, brother and sister duo's.
    And the mother, ATTENTION SEEKER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my God, ISN'T SHE!
    Remind me to tell you a story about somebody I know like that next time I see you!;)
    I missed you today...I thought you were coming up to watch the parade??! I had to make fun of them on my own as Cathy and Sue were off fecking about and Jack was busy being popular!:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. :O Fecking about!

    Noooooo!! I wish i was there too.
    WAIT!
    We will get the parade on the RTE Player and pretend it is Paddy's day!!
    Oh. Won't that be FUN!!

    :P

    ReplyDelete